Monday, November 26, 2007

What Day is It?

As the thanksgiving holiday has come and gone, I can not help but take a moment to truly be thankful for the blessings of the year and the special time we had last week. We started the week off right with a long trip to target to get all the last minute necessities for making dressing, pies, and all the other once a year food. Wednesday was a day to prepare and to answer William's unending question of 'when are grumpy and granny lou going to be here?' Thanksgiving day brought about such a warmth and a delight for me. I enjoyed being able to get everything ready and especially enjoyed watching Tim carve the smoked turkey I purchased so I wouldn't mess it all up. After we had all gathered around the table, had a prayer of thanksgiving, and dug into the great food, my sweet boy says "what day is it mommy?" I told him again that it was thanksgiving and what this day meant and he says to me "you know what tomorrow is?" "It's Christmas!" You guessed it! Earlier in the week, I had told William that after thanksgiving, it was Christmas. So...as I take that moment and offer up thanksgiving, I want to remember what day it is and that every day gets closer to celebrating Jesus' birthday.

Dondra

No comments: