Friday, November 16, 2007

Brave

It never ceases to amaze me at how resilient kids can be especially my own. We started out having a good week but William's cough just wasn't getting better. As a cautious mom, I called the doctor just to make sure because I noticed he was wheezing more and more. After almost 2 hours in the doctors office, we had a breathing treatment and were being diagnosed with a small case of pneumonia in his chest. To add to the long wait, we go to the pharmacy for another hour to get all his medication. Luckily, he took a nap during this time. We had a hard and trying day tuesday and yet he never really complained. He took everything in stride and spoke of how brave he was. As he finished his breathing treatment, with mommy covering his ears, he says "that sounded like a train and I am glad it's over." We had to go have an xray on wednesday and yet another case of a big boy being very brave. He went in, did exactly what the tech asked (I need her secret!) and came out yelling "mommy, I did it! I did it! I was soooo brave." The tech bragged on him and he was happy to have his bone picture taken. He reminds me that I need to be brave and resilient; he has truly amazed me this week and I am so proud of him.

Dondra

No comments: