Thursday, November 8, 2007

Lost

I have started reading a book entitled "Lost Women of the Bible" and I have come to find out that God has purposely deteremined for me to read this book at this particular time in my life. It's amazing how God does that! :) There are some days that I do feel lost...lost in my purpose when it seems all I do is the laundry, pick up hot wheels for a hundred times a day, and the countless other responsiblities a stay-at-home mom faces. Here recently I have felt lost more in my place. My place in the home as a wife and mother, my place in the church, my place in relationships and wondering okay God, why do I feel lost and without purpose or a place? I know this sounds crazy but there are days that these questions just get me down. As i was reading about Sarah the author brought out an amazing part of Sarah's life that I had never really thought about. I am fond of Sarah because her promise of a child was answered and I can truly relate to that (though I am glad I wasn't 90 years old!). The amazing part of Sarah's life was the long part, almost 89 years, of her waiting on God. Thinking that He had left her. That He wasn't going to bless her. These were the silent years. The years were she had to question every day what is my purpose and place. So...as I look at my own life and the waiting or wondering of the silent times (maybe days, maybe months or years) I find a comfort in knowing that God will forever keep His promises and there will be answers. There will be a time of hearing from God and the silence will disapper and I will know my small purpose and place in His perfect Will.

Dondra

1 comment:

Krista Sanders said...

Beautifully written....
My favorite so far.