Thursday, October 4, 2007

Verse of the Week

I have always been one who really struggles with memorizing scripture verses. I would remember the verse but not the reference or vice versa. I have wanted to start teaching William scripture verses and relating them to the stories of the Bible. A friend of mine gave me the idea to start a memory verse box and have a card for each day of the week. I am amazed at how much he remembers and knows about the stories we have been reading. He is so cute when he wants to read me the story. He read them to me this afternoon and he mixes them all up...adam and eve in the boat with noah and all the animals; he loves the story of Abraham and Sarah and little Isaac. I am so excited to see how he is learning God's Word and it is also helping me (in small ways) remember those stories again. The next time you see him, you will definitely have to ask him about them. What a blessing it is!

Genesis 21:6 "God has brought me (or us) laughter!"

enjoy-dondra

2 comments:

Krista Sanders said...

Very sweet! What a benefit to him!

The Hicks Family said...

You have found a great way to record all those precious moments we see in our children daily that we want to cherish in our hearts forever. This is going to be a great tribute to your family with each passing day.