Thursday, October 25, 2007

Another year

This week I celebrated my birthday and it seems impossible that another year has come and gone. I think about all that I want to do or that I have done and it reminds me that yes I am getting a little older (and hopefully a little wiser). I am proud of where I have come and grown this year. There have been several milestones in my own life of finding out that God loves me just the way I am and created me to be beautiful. I also learned to take a stand for myself and my family and forgive those that hurt me and my family. I will always remember a time of prayer that we had at our church called 21 days of prayer. God intervened at a time that I needed Him desparately and He radically changed my life through prayer. I often forget to record or focus on the milestones in my own life as I want to record every little and big thing that is going on in William's life. I need to remember that these milestones, big or small, are changing and growing me into the woman (wife, mother, daughter, friend) that I need to be. I look forward to another year and what it has to offer.

Dondra
p.s. I have to mention this about William- we woke up yesterday and he didn't realize it was my birthday just yet. Tim was gone out of town and we went into the kitchen to have breakfast. I got him his usual (scooby doo yogurt and cherrios) and then went to restroom. I came out and he said 'mommy, come here; I need to show you something.' I went into the kitchen and he had got the bread and the peanut butter out so I could make me some toast. 'Everything is ready for you mommy'. What a sweet birthday present (and he didn't even know it at the time!) :)

No comments: