Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'll Be Home for Christmas

Imagine the excitement and hustle and bustle on that day. Jesus was coming to Mary and Martha's house. I wonder what thoughts went through their heads..." Is everything clean?...Did I make the bed?...Do I have enough food?" I hate to admit it but I tend to be more of a Martha. Busy with preparations, almost never sitting down to enjoy the company. Wondering when should I offer dessert. I was reminded through an amazing word from Pastor Nathan last week that all of that does not matter. We should be comfortable, like Mary, to welcome Jesus in our home at any and all times. He is there whether we believe it or not. He sees the dirty laundry both literally and figurately. Nathan also reminded us of the passage where Jesus is the gardener and prunes the vines in our lives. I want to look at my own life, especially during this time of year, and know that Jesus is pruning away at things in my life so that He can feel more comfortable. Is Jesus comfortable at my home? Will He be home for Christmas? I pray He is for Christmas and every day.

No comments: