Monday, June 2, 2008

A Hope and a Future

As many of you know, Tim, William, and I have been a part of a new church plant for almost four years now. We have seen many trials and growth pains come our way as a church and as individuals. As I look back at where we have come from and where we are going, I am reminded of Jeremiah 29:11. " For I know the plans I have for you" says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future." I see that hope and our future in the lives of our small group every week. I am encouraged by our growth and humbled by how God is using the lives of these men and women. We had no idea of the plans for our family...for our church. God did. He knew that we would prosper and for His ultimate glory. What an amazing thing to experience and be a part of.

Dondra

2 comments:

Krista Sanders said...

I just love it! The Church is a beautiful entity when it acts like one!! Your heart for Him and ministry in His Name is obvious.

Margie said...

Hey there! The Jeremiah verse is the one Wayne used when he proposed to me, and it was read at our wedding. It's late and I can't get completely caught up on your blog tonight, but I love it. Can't wait to read more. I'm linking yours on mine ~ but probably not tonight. I've got to get some of that elusive sleep!